There was a certain rich man who wanted to hire the best limo driver. He selected the best three candidates for the job and had each meet him at a winding, mountain road. He then had them each drive him along that dangerous stretch of road to see which was the better driver. The first drive recklessly drove as close to the edge and as fast as he could. The second driver saw that and decided he could do it both faster and closer to the edge and so drove with reckless abandon. The third driver cautiously drove directly down the center of his lane and slowly maneuvered around the tight curves and steep inclines. Which did you think was hired? Which driver should you strive to be? The Safe Driver!
Don’t be reckless with your soul!
· Stay away from the edge. “Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. “ (Psalms 1:1)
· Drive down the center of your lane. “Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.” (Matthew 7:14)
· Don’t be too hasty. “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.” (James 1:19-20)
· Arrive alive! “Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12)
· Be careful because others are looking to your example. “Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16)
Don’t be reckless with your soul or with that of others!