While there is nothing magical about the new year, it is often used as a time to reflect upon what we'd like to change. This attitude of a new year when many are focused on change and resolution we can use it as an opportunity to be revived, to renew our zeal for the Lord.
"And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved." - Acts 2:46,47
Is there little joy in serving God? Are we, like the Pharisees who are not committed in the spirit?
As Christians, Do we Need a New Beginning?
Some considerations to consider for Revival
- Purity of Life, Luke 8:1
- Purity of Heart, Matthew 8:5,8
- Purified by faith, Acts 15:9
- Is our mind defiled? Titus 1:15
- Do we seek to have purity of heart? 1 Peter 1:14
As Christians, we can Use this Time of Revival as a Time of Becoming a Leader
- Set good examples, even from the time of being a child, 2 Timothy 3:15
- We can gird up our minds, 1 Peter 1:13
- We must love not the world, 1 John 2:15
- Like Moses we must leave the pleasures of sin, Hebrews 11:25
- We must choose whom we will serve, Joshua 24:15
As Christians, We Must be Willing to Fight
- Fight the good fight of faith, 1 Timothy 6:11, 12
- War a good Warfare, 1 Timothy 1:18
- Earnestly contend for the faith, Jude 3
As Christians we can Use Kindness as a Means to Happiness
- Be kind to one another, Ephesians 4:32
- Rejoice with and Weep with others, Romans 12:15
- Let the law of kindness be on our lips, Proverbs 31:24
As Christians we are to Have Love for One Another
- Love one another, sacrificial love, John 13:34,35
- Love in deed, 1 John 3:17,18
- Visit orphans and widows, James 1:27
- Do not grow weary in doing good, Galatians 6:9
Learn to Trust God More
- Psalm 23
- John 10:11
- 1 Peter 2:25
- Hebrews 13:20,21
Promises to Keep
also known as, I Will Do More
I will do more than belong, I will participate.
I will do more than care, I will help.
I will do more than believe, I will practice
I will do more than forgive, I will forget.
I will do more than teach, I will inspire.
I will do more than dream, I will work.
I will do more than give, I will serve.
I will do more than earn, I will enrich.
I will do more than live, I will grow.
I will do more than be fair, I will be kind.
I will do more than be a citizen, I will be a patriot.
I will do more than be friendly, I will be a friend.
by William Arthur Ward
Let us endeavor to have a spiritual revival in the new year. The best way to do this is to follow, believe and obey Jesus Christ.