Theme of the Book of Romans - Justification
- The Justification by Faith, Romans 1:16-17
- Justified by the Blood of Jesus, Romans 3:24-28
To be justified is the state of being restored to a right relationship with God, Romans 5:8. Being justified by faith we have wonderful blessings in Christ.
Five Blessings of Justification
First Blessing: Peace with God
- A Change of Relationship, Romans 5:10
No longer at enmity with God but have been reconciled.
- Peace for both Jew & Gentile, Ephesians 2:12-18
- A Tranquil State, John 14:27, 16:33
- A Peace that passes understanding, Philippians 4:7
The Second Blessing: Hope of the Glory of God
- Reason to Rejoice, The Eunuch - Acts 8:39
- Rejoice Always, 1 Thessalonians 5:16, Philippians 4:4
- Rejoicing in Hope, Romans 8:18, Colossians 3:4
Hope = Desire + Expectation
- Glory with Christ, Titus 2:11-14
- Hope comes because God loved me so much, He gave His Son to Die for Me! John 3:16, Romans 5:6-8
- A Living Hope, 1 Peter 1:3-5
- An Anchor for the Soul, Hebrews 6:19
Hope is the anchor which locks us in Christ so that we do not move.
Third Blessing: Glory in Tribulations
• Tribulation → Patience
• Patients -→ Experience
• Experience → Hope
• Hope → Not Ashamed
Tribulation is a cause for rejoicing.
- Be Exceeding Glad, Matthew 5:10-12
- Count it all Joy, James 1:2-4
- Reward, James 1:12
- Jesus Endured, Hebrews 12:2
- All things work together, Romans 8:28
The faithful crown of life will be ours if we remain, endure and glory in tribulations.
Fourth Blessing: Saved from Wrath
- God’s wrath is revealed, Romans 1:18
Unrighteousness is the opposite of justification. Those who are not justified in Christ are under the wrath of God
- Judgment in the future, Romans 2:8
- Not a threat to faithful Christians, Romans 8:1-4
- Wrath upon the disobedient, 1 Thessalonians 1:6-10
- God knows them that refuge in Him, Nahum 1:7
- Those reconciled through Christ have taken refuge in Him, Romans 5:8-10
Fifth Blessing:A New Relationship
Rejoicing in God
- A New relationship to Him, Sons of God, 1 John 3:1-4
- Fellowship with Him, 1 John 1:3-4
- Heirs/Joint Heirs, Romans 8:14-17
The Blessings of Justification
- Peace with God
- Escaped from His Wratt
- Rejoice in the Justification
- Makes us Join Heirs
Why should one continue in sin, separated from the source of life? God took the initiative coming to you with the offer of peace in His Son. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
You can't earn salvation. You must obey God and turn to Christ. Will you turn to Christ and receive the blessings of justification?