The Sinner’s Great Dilemma
1667 John Milton Paradise Lost.
The devil's point of view...
"Infernal world, and thou profoundest Hell
Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
A mind not to be chang’d by Place or Time.
The mind is its own place, and in it self
Can make a Heav’n of Hell, a Hell of Heav’n.
What matter where, if I be still the same,
And what I should be, all but less then he
Whom Thunder hath made greater? Here at least
We shall be free; th’ Almighty hath not built
Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:
Here we may reign secure, and in my choyce
To reign is worth ambition though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell, then serve in Heav’n."
This attitude still exists today. But, those who have this thought cannot understand
- Romans 2:12-16
- Romans 1:19-20,28
- Roman's 2:1
Knew law but in failing to practice condemns self under the same judgment.
Romans 2:4- Goodness of God leads to Repentance
- Ephesians 1:18.
The Sinner's Dilemma
- The atheist ignores Gods goodness
- Matthew 11:20-25
- The egoist thinks self-deserving
- Hebrews 9:27
- Ecclesiastes 12:13,14
- The Sentamentlist despises Gods goodness
- 2 Timothy 2:11
- Romans 2:4 They despise the riches of His goodness.
- Matthew 5:43-45
- John 3:16
- John 12:32,33
- Philippians 2:8
- Acts 17:30
Sinners Dilemma with Gods Judgement
- Romans 2:5-7… no respect of persons with God.
- Romans 2:2 Gods truth the word judges
- John 2
- John 12:48
- Romans 2:5 God uses righteous judgment
"But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;" Romans 2:5
Sin must be appeased through blood.
- 2 Timothy 2:11,12
- Romans 2:6 God renders judgment according to deeds
- 2 Corinthians 5:10,11
Only God defines what is good and evil
- Romans 2:16 He judges according to the gospel by Jesus who sits as judge
- Revelation 20:11
If a man doesn't HAVE to obey the gospel then Christ died in vain.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:7
The Sinners Great Division
- Saved sinners who repent
- The reward is eternal life.
- And lost sinners who have never sought to obey God
- The contentious sinner
- Dies not obey truth
- Every soul that does evil.
- Not accepting the authority of God
- Revelation 20:10
The only voice we have from the other side is found in Luke in the discourse about the rich man, Luke 16:19-31.
To not obey the gospel will lead to destruction eternity. Each one chooses whether to repent and obey Gods goodness or to fall into destruction. The choice is yours. What will you choose?